Bible Based Homeschooling
There are many ways to use the Bible as a basis for Bible based homeschooling.
Some ways use the Bible as the main textbook.
It is advisable to have a seperate math curriculum.
You can use the Bible, as a base for language arts, including, grammar practice, reading comprehension, spelling etc.
There are resources to use, with a Bible based and Bible centered, educational homeschool.
Free Bible Study Notebook Page Worksheet
Note: The second or third pages are great printed off a bunch and put in a notebook.
Free Bible Study Notebook Pages
Bible Based Homeschool Curriculums For Multi Age Teaching
There are some great Bible study curriculums, for Bible based homeschooling.
Multi Age Homeschool Bible Curriculum
tbsbibles.org has nice KJV reference Bibles in different covers and sizes. Note: Search for Bible in the search box on their site.
Bible Based Homeschool Language Arts Education
Bible Based Grammar Puzzles and Scripture Copywork: acresoft.com
Bible Based Language Arts options
Reading Schedule Downloads
A person may learn best, when they are given a chance to share, what they have learned.
Here are some different ideas:
You could read the daily reading, using the book above, and then narrate what you learned.
They could draw what they read, or something that stood out to them:
They might want to draw an overview of each book.
Maybe making a computer presentation, giving a speech, or creating puppets would appeal.
Let your imagination run.
Bible Based Phonics
Here are two options:
Beginning Steps To Reading
Rod and Staff Phonics
Both at: milestonebooks.com
Bible and Study of Countries
Bible Road Trip is for studying the Bible, praying for countries of the world, and writing/notebooking about the Bible.
One Bible Based Homeschooling Option:
1. At the beginning of the week the parent should pick out 10 words from the next chapters to learn.
(For younger children pick words with 4 letters or less. For older children pick words with more than 4 letters.)
2. Take a chapter a day more or less as needed.
3. As you read through the chapter mark the major words (ie. animals, plants, nature, places, cities) with a colored pencil.
4. Study the words marked in books or on the internet.
* Keep a nature journal of Bible plants, animals, birds, insects, and creation. Draw, describe, and write other Bible references for it. Optional Journal: Classical Conversations Nature Journal
* Keep a Book of Centuries to record the people and major events in the Bible. One Option See: Book of Centuries
5. Make drawings of the chapter and write the chapter in your own words, to illustrate each of your drawings.
6. Show your pictures and tell the story to the rest of the family, class etc.
7. For one book of the Bible as you go through the chapter(s), each day, mark all the nouns, another book of the Bible the adjectives, another book adverbs, another punctuation etc. Another option is to use AcreSoft Bible Memory Grammar.
Note: Use a phonics course and a math course, besides the above. See Bible based language arts options here.
Bible Based Social Studies and Science
Note: Lessons can be picked and chosen, if desired.
In the books the primary lesson is for 1-3 grade, junior section grade 4-6, intermediate research questions grade 7-9, and advanced research questions grade 10-12.
Science and Social Studies Curriculum
Bible Based homeschool History Education
A Book of Centuries is a book with 2 pages for a century. This can be used to keep track of Bible history and other history. It is great for history notebooking. More Info on AcreSoft Book of Centuries
Creation to Canaan sold at: milestonebooks.com
Understanding the Old World 7th grade social studies (can be used for any grade) sold at: milestonebooks.com
Record of Time
The Mystery of History
Bible Application Homeschool Science Curriculum
This is a good experiment based curriculum with spiritual lessons.
Bible Based Homeschool Art Education
Bible Based Drawing
Draw and Write Thru History
Bible Based Coloring and Craft Books
hymnal.net has free printable sheet music.
Note: Another option is to use curriculum with less work so you have more time for Bible or Bible curriculum.
Easy Homeschooling with few Problems
Reference Books: Homeschool Reference Books